The Internet show about small business marketing.
Can social media be used as a marketing tool for your business? Many social media evangelists say yes. That may not be necessarily so for the small business. The first challenge is to navigate the confusing social media landscape. The second challenge is to figure out how to use social media.
In this episode of Power to the Small Business, Dave Evans helps fit all the social media puzzle pieces together. Dave is the author of Social Media Marketing: An Hour a Day and is a consultant with Digital Voodoo in Austin, Texas. Dave says that social media can be a very potent marketing tool if you know how to use it.
Guest: Dave Evans – Author, Social Media Consultant
Length: 19 minutes
(Feed readers and RSS subscribers – Click here to listen if you don’t see the player)
(Firefox users may have to refresh your screen to see player)
You can also download the mp3 file here: Download Power to the Small Business #19 (for personal use only)
Dave Evans: Show Notes on Social Media
Social media is used in two fundamental ways:
- Outreach – Used with other forms of marketing to reach, persuade and engage consumers.
- Listening – What people are saying about you and your brand.
Three Groups of Social Media Tools
- Content – Photos, videos, podcasts.
- Social Networks – Such as Facebook, Myspace plus platforms to build your own social networks such as Ning and Pluck.
- Social Interactions such as FriendFeed